Looking for new birdwatching binoculars? Then stop here first & discover the best birding binoculars for your needs! Reviews include Nikon, Bushnell & more!
The best birdwatching binoculars in the industry are incredibly complex and sophisticated machines.
These are more than just a few lenses and prisms thrown together to take you a bit closer to the action–with the top birdwatching binoculars, you’re able to pick out an amazing amount of detail.
Not only that, but if you invest in a pair of quality birding binocs, you’ll also be able to take them with you wherever you go, into whatever terrain you wish, and under whichever kind of weather is present.
The best birding binoculars work great when you have them–but first you have to find the right pair.
Do you know what kinds of attribute to look for? Do you know which brand names offer the best products? Do you know which models are the most popular among birdwatchers?
Best Binoculars for Birding: What to Look For
If you’re new to the birdwatching game–or just sightseeing in general–you may be feeling pretty overwhelmed right now at the sheer size of the binocular industry.
Who would have thought there were so many different companies, offering so many different models, suited to so many different activities?
Just take a deep breath and try to relax as best you can, because fortunately, there are places you can go for help. You’ve already found one right here.
If you’re thinking about getting some binoculars for birding, there are a number of things to keep your eyes open for. Birding binoculars are much different than other kinds, and if you choose a model with the wrong specifications, you might find yourself having a not so good time in the backyard or on the trails.
Here’s a look at a few things to keep in mind while you’re on the hunt for the best birding binocs:
- Portability — Unless you’ve got a tree stand handy, you’re going to want a pair of binoculars that are light enough to be carried around all day. You’re going to be on the move, collecting birds here and there, and a weighty model will only ruin your adventure.
- Resilience — No one can predict what will happen in the woods. It might rain, the wind might pick up, there may be dust in the air, you may trip over a rock or a root–any number of things can and will go wrong. Be prepared by picking out a pair of binocs with good armor that can stand up to a beating.
- Prism — Porro prisms may be cheaper, but roof prisms are by far the better choice. By choosing roof prism birding optics, you’re buying a lightweight binocular that offers crisp clarity of objects in focus.
- Magnification — Higher is not necessarily better, even though birds can be little critters and hard to spot. With an 8x maximum magnification, you’ll be able to have a nice wide field of view to see the birds in action and still be able to focus in on them when they land. 7x or 8x means less fumbling with focus and more bird watching.
These are guidelines; these are tips.
You don’t have to follow these as if they were gospel–they’re only meant to give you a helping hand. It may turn out that you can’t afford a fully waterproof model–that’s okay, just take care of what you get.
And as far as magnification goes, you may find yourself liking a higher magnification better. After all, the Swarovski 10×42–listed below–is one of the best birding binoculars in the business.
OK. Onto the reviews!
Best Binoculars for Birdwatching: Reviews of the Bestsellers
To give you a little nudge in the right direction, take a look at these binocular models.
Below, you’ll find three of the bestselling birding binocs of all time. These are high quality products that are made with perfect precision and some of the best materials in the world.
- Nikon Monarch 8×42 ATB Binoculars — These top-notch binocs are waterproof and fogproof and feature fully multi-coated lenses, dielectric multi-layer prism coating, and multi-setting click-stop eye cups.
- Bushnell NatureView 8×42 Roof Prism Binoculars — These beautiful birding binocs feature BaK-4 prisms, fully multi-coated optics, non-slip tough armor, and tripod compliance.
- Swarovski 10×42 EL SwaroVision Binoculars — This world class model features field flattener lenses, HD optics, long eye relief, and ergonomic comfort.
Learn more about other binocular specs by heading back from the Best Birding Binoculars to Best Binoculars.
Or, head on home for more Binocular Ratings