Need a place to discuss your passion of bird watching? We show you the best 5 birding forums & online communities for bird watching.
People use online bird watching forums for a variety of reasons. Whether it’s to get some feedback on a particular brand of binoculars, ask about new spotting areas, or to simply share photos, birding forums are great gathering places for like-minded individuals.
There are more bird watching forum sites that you could ever hope to count. Sadly, most of them are lonely places with not a lot of good information or sharing. But, take heart, because there are several which have become veritable hotspots for web-surfing birders from all around the world.
Why Hang Out at Birding Forums?
It’s great that there are people who gather in virtual communities to share and talk about birding, but is it really worth your while to investigate them?
Birding forums have a great many benefits that you should take advantage of. These forums are wonderful for:
- Finding New Spots – One of the best benefits of participating in birding forums is that you can find out some great new areas to observe your favorite birds.
- Sharing Photos – What’s even better than spying some beautiful birds soaring on high? Sharing your views with others, of course. You can post photos and videos in birding forums for others to see. Or you can take a peek at what other folks have been spying.
- Asking Questions/Getting Answers – Another wonderful benefit of the forums is the chance for you to ask questions about your binocs, birding supplies, scouting locations, and about the birds themselves.
- Making New Friends – Do you have a great idea about birding but no one to share it with? The forums are the perfect place to do so. In these web communities, you can talk and share with like-minded people who also have a great love for birding.
My 5 Favorite Birdwatching Forums
There are a great many different online forums devoted to bird lovers. There are so many, in fact, that you might be overwhelmed trying to find the right one for you.
To give you a helping hand, here’s a look at five of the top birding forums found on the web.
1. The Birding Guide – This is one of the premier birding forums on the net. There’s a great wealth of knowledge, experience, and advice available at the click of a button.
2. Bird Forum – The Bird Forum is an enormously comprehensive collection of images, videos, forums, and blogs dedicated to bird watching fun.
3. Bird Watching Daily – This forum has some great chat threads you may not find anywhere else, including: ideas to prevent birds from running into windows, international bird sightings, and significant news stories concerning birds of all kinds.
4. Birding UK and Ireland – If you’re across the pond, than this forum is for you! Even though the title is UK and Ireland, the community is from all over Europe.
5. Dave’s Garden – More than just a birding forum, this site offers hints, tips, tricks, and fun for a variety of outdoor activities. But when it comes to birds, Dave’s Garden offers some great photos and spotting locations.
Did I leave any out? What’s your favorite birdwatching forum?